Dr. Johns understands that patients may have a fear of visiting the dentist, which is why we offer safe, effective oral sedation dentistry at our Millbrae, CA dental office to help you relax, and even enjoy, a visit to the dentist.
If the thought of visiting the dentist has you feeling anxious, Chris Johns, DDS is ready to help make your visit to the dentist a calm and relaxing one.
The Advantages Of Oral Sedation Dentistry
If dental appointments make you anxious, Dr. Johns can prescribe oral sedation to help you feel more at ease before and during your visit. Oral sedation is safe and comfortable for most patients.
Some of the advantages of oral sedation dentistry are:
- It's easy to take. Dr. Johns will prescribe you a pill to help you stay calm. All you have to do is swallow it an hour or so before your appointment and you'll feel relaxed and calm by the time you arrive at our Millbrae dental office for your appointment. You cannot drive yourself to your appointment after taking an oral sedative. Please be sure to arrange transportation to and from our office!
- No needles. Many people are afraid of needles, which are used for IV sedation. Oral sedation doesn't require an injection so you don't have to worry about trying to manage your fear of needles at the dentist.
- It's safe. Every oral sedative Dr. Johns prescribes is regulated by the FDA and is safe for adults to use. Before prescribing oral sedation, our staff will review your medical history with you to ensure you don't experience negative side effects.
- You won't be unconscious. You'll feel drowsy after taking oral sedation, but you'll still be awake and responsive during your dental appointment. You will still be able to respond to Dr. John's instructions during your appointment.
Is Oral Sedation Dentistry The Best Choice For You?
You may have heard oral sedation dentistry also called "relaxation dentistry", "anxiety-free dentistry", or "sleep dentistry".
Oral sedation dentistry can be ideal for:
- Easing the anxiety you feel during a dental appointment
- Allowing Dr. Johns to complete complex or extensive procedures in a single visit
- Patients with special needs
You're In Good Hands With Dr. Johns
At our Millbrae dental office, your health and well-being is our #1 priority. While that begins with a healthy smile, it also includes offering safe dentistry to our patients who might be feeling anxious about visiting the dentist.
Dr. Johns dedicates many hours to his own continued training in the most advanced techniques and requirements to help patients enjoy a comfortable dental visit. With Chris Johns, DDS, all safety guidelines are diligently followed so you know you and your family are in good hands.
How Can We Help?
We want every visit to Chris Johns, DDS to be a positive one for you. If you are afraid to visit the dentist or have had a negative dental experience in the past, please tell our staff so we can discuss oral sedation dentistry with you. We will take your blood pressure and get a complete medical history so we can make sure oral sedation is a safe option for you.
Questions About Oral Sedation Dentistry?
Don’t let dental anxiety keep you and your family from receiving the dental care you need. Call Dr. Johns to schedule your dentist appointment with the help of oral sedation today!