Chris Johns, DDS wants to help you love your smile. If you've experienced tooth loss from decay or oral trauma, Dr. Johns can help restore your natural-looking, comfortable smile with dental implants at our Millbrae, CA dentist office.
Are Dental Implants Right For Your Smile?
Are you missing one or more of your teeth? Regular brushing, flossing, and preventive checkups allow some people to maintain their natural smiles for a lifetime. However, for many of us, we suffer the pain of tooth loss and need help restoring the appearance and function of our smiles.
If you’ve lost a tooth (or teeth) due to injury or decay, dental implants could be the right solution to help repair your oral health and rejuvenate your smile.
Tooth loss can be caused by oral trauma due to an accident or altercation, illness, stress, age, decay, genetics, and more. Sometimes it’s just bad luck that causes someone to suffer the loss of a tooth!
Even though the reasons for tooth loss varies, what everyone wants as the solution remains the same: a pain-free, natural, healthy smile.
Dental implants are often the best solution for tooth loss because they:
- Look Natural - You don’t want a replacement tooth that looks fake, drawing even more negative attention to your smile than a gap between your teeth. Instead, imagine being able to smile the way you did before tooth loss!
- Don’t Hurt - A replacement for your lost tooth (or teeth) needs to fit in your mouth easily, allowing you to enjoy any food without irritating your gums or adjacent teeth. Once healed, dental implants are a pain-free, permanent solution!
- Are Easy To Take Care Of - Dental implants are permanent - no slipping dentures or removable bridges! You can take care of your implants the same way you do your natural teeth: simple brushing and flossing.
- Keep Your Mouth Healthy - Bulky dental appliances can cause bone loss in your jaw and irritation to your gums, as well as increase your risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay. Dental implants remove that risk because they fit perfectly with your natural smile.
- Can Last A Lifetime - Your implants are created to last the rest of your life! No other tooth replacement solution can make that claim.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Modern tooth restoration has never been better! Dental implants are titanium posts implanted in your jaw that act as artificial “tooth roots”, permanently anchoring your new tooth, bridge or denture. Each implant is topped with a dental crown, providing a chewing surface and restoring the appearance of the missing tooth.
Chris Johns, DDS uses advanced CEREC technology to create dental crowns the same day as your appointment. Dr. Johns can fabricate your crown in just one visit!
What Type Of Dental Implant Do I Need?
At Chris Johns, DDS we offer several types of dental implants to our patients suffering from tooth loss. A consultation with Dr. Johns can help you decide what type of dental implant will work best for your smile.
- Single Dental Implant
If you’ve lost one tooth due to decay or trauma, a single dental implant can be the best way to help you smile with confidence again. The space where your natural tooth was can be restored using a single titanium dental implant and natural-looking dental crown. A dental implant will replace your natural tooth’s root and surface, allowing you to smile, speak and enjoy your favorite foods just like you could with your natural tooth!
- Implant Retained Dentures
Implant retained dentures can significantly restore the quality of life for many patients. Our Millbrae dental patients can be more confident during their daily activities with the superior chewing and speaking functions our durable implant retained dentures provide. Using mini dental implants, Dr. Johns can place your prosthesis in just one appointment, with minimal surgery.
- All-on-4® Dental Implants
With All-on-4 dental implants, your dental implants are stabilized together with a prosthesis to allow you to use your teeth immediately. If you are a good candidate for All-on-4 dental implants, you can expect to have your teeth in just one day! Everyone’s case is unique but the vast majority of the work done by Dr. Johns will be done before the day of your implant surgery.
- Full Mouth Dental Implant Bridge
A dental implant bridge is designed to replace up to 12 teeth on the upper or lower jaws. This durable prosthesis is placed on titanium dental implants, making it a permanent solution for if you are suffering from the loss of multiple teeth.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
How much do dental implants cost? The simple answer is this: it depends. Just like any surgery, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost of dental implants. We can provide you an accurate estimate after a consultation with Dr. Johns. Considerations include:
- The quality, amount, and location of bone. If you require bone grafting, the total costs associated with your implants will be higher.
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced and the type of dental implant that will be used.
- Dental insurance. Some insurances cover only parts of implant treatment, or have a waiting period for eligibility.
If you’re concerned about the cost of dental implants, call our Millbrae dental office to schedule a free consultation.
A consultation allows Dr. Johns to understand your oral health goals and financial considerations, while giving you the best possible information about dental implants.
Whether you’re on a budget, have a fixed income, or aren’t sure if your dental insurance covers dental implants, we have a variety of financing plans available to you.
Dental Implant Restoration
Problems with dental implants are rare, but they can happen. If you notice your dental implant has loosened, is causing your gum to swell, or the crown on top of your implant is cracked, call Dr. Johns right away!
A dental implant can’t fix itself and if you try to treat it at home, you could end up causing more damage to your mouth.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation With Chris Johns, DDS Today!
If you have questions about dental implants, tooth pain, or other restorative dental services our Millbrae dentist offers, call our office today so our staff can answer any questions you have.
A consultation with Dr. Johns is the perfect way to help you decide what type of dental implant is the best solution to replace your missing teeth!
Chris Johns, DDS will often recommend a dental crown at our Millbrae, CA dentist office to patients whose teeth don’t have enough healthy enamel.